This amended return cannot be filed electronically. Please repeat the Filing steps to print and file a paper amended return.
This business rule is triggered for any of the following reasons:
- The filing status on the original return differs from the amended return.
- The original return was not e-filed and accepted. The original return must have been e-filed and accepted.
- The primary and/or spouse SSN on the amended return do not match the original return.
- The tax type of the original return is anything other than 1040 or 1040-SR.
To file your amended return by mail using TaxAct®:
- Click Filing. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Filing.
- Click Amend Federal Return (Desktop users, located directly below the tabs). On smaller devices, this option will be listed under Filing after clicking on in the upper left-hand corner.
- Continue to the screen titled Amended Return - Mail Form 1040X