The Illinois Invest In Kids Scholarship Tax Credit Program offers a 75 percent income tax credit to individuals and businesses that contribute to qualified Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs).
To enter the Invest in Kids Scholarship Tax Credit:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click State. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then State.
- Click Illinois.
- Click Credits in the middle of the screen to expand the category and then click Credits from Schedule 1299-C.
- Click Yes to see the list of available credits, then select Continue.
- Click Review on the Form 1299-C shown in your name.
- Scroll down to Step 3 Line 19 - click on the line following that says Credit Input Worksheet Available, then click on the yellow folder to access the associated document.
- Select to Add Copy of Schedule 1299-C – Credit Input Worksheet.
- Select the credit (5660 – Invest in Kids) from the drop down list on Line 1 of the Credit Input Worksheet.