Follow these steps to enter or review business expenses on IRS Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship):
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then Federal
- Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship
- Click +Add Federal Schedule C to create a new copy of the form or Review to review a form already created
- Click through the business general information and income questions until you reach a screen titled Business Income – Expenses
- Click Yes and the program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review business expenses.