To enter or review business expenses on federal Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship) OR Schedule C-EZ Net Profit from Business (Sole Proprietorship):
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship
- Click New Copy of Federal Schedule C (Desktop users click Add) to create a new copy of the form or Review to review a form already created
- Click through the business general information and income questions until you reach a screen titled Business Income – Expenses
- Click Yes and the program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review business expenses.