To avoid confusion, TaxAct® will not print a copy of Schedule A (Form 1040) Itemized Deductions if you choose to take the standard deduction.
To force Schedule A to print in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Itemized or Standard Deductions in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Use itemized deductions or Use standard deductions - only one of these will appear.
- On the screen titled Choose itemized deductions or the standard deduction, check Use my itemized deductions, then click Continue.
- Print Schedule A (see Printing Your Return and Individual Forms for more information).
- Repeat steps 1-2.
- On the screen titled Choose itemized deductions or the standard deduction, check Use my standard deduction, then click Continue.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.