To avoid confusion, TaxAct® will not print a copy of Schedule A if you choose to take the standard deduction.
To force the schedule to print, follow these steps:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Itemized or Standard Deductions in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category, then scroll down and click Use Itemized Deductions or Use Standard Deductions. Note that only one of these links will appear (the option resulting in a higher deduction will not appear, since it has already been automatically chosen).
- Check the small box Use my itemized deductions and then click Continue.
- Print Schedule A. See Printing Your Return and Individual Forms for more information.
- Repeat steps 1-2.
- Check the small box Use my standard deduction.