To access the Attachment Manager in the TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Filing to expand, then click E-file My Return. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Filing.
- Select the return(s) you would like to submit, then click Continue.
- Click I Agree, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled E-Filing - Attachments to Return, click Attach Documents.
- In the window that appears, click Add on the attachment(s) you want to include with your return.
- Make the appropriate selections on the next screen, then click Browse .
- Locate the PDF within your computer files, then click Open which should bring you back to the Attachment Manager.
- Click Finish, then click Close when you are done attaching the documents (If you need to delete a document you've already attached, there will be an option within the Attachment Manager to do so.)
- Continue through the rest of the e-filing steps to submit your return.
Note. The Attachment Manager is not available in the TaxAct tablet application. If you need to attach supporting documentation to your return, please complete the Filing steps from within your TaxAct Online account.