When you enter information from a Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income, TaxAct may automatically create a Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business and attach it to your return. If you manually create a Schedule C also, you may have competing schedules that need to be consolidated.
Note. While you can reassign the income from an incomplete Schedule C, TaxAct does not currently allow you to delete the incomplete Schedule C. That feature is in development and will be available in future updates.
To consolidate the income and delete the extra Schedule C in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship.
- Click + Add Schedule C to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Proceed with the program interview questions to enter or review.
- On the screen titled We need to know if Taxpayer/Spouse received any of these for their work in 2020, click the 1099-MISC box, then click Continue.
- Click + Add Form 1099-MISC to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- On the screen titled Business Income - Mini Alerts, click Now.
- On the screen titled Schedule C - Principal Business or Profession, enter the Principal business or profession, then click < Back.
- On the screen titled Complete your Schedule(s) C, click the trash can icon to delete the extra Schedule C.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.