When you enter information from a 1099-MISC, TaxAct may automatically create a Schedule C and attach it to your return. If you manually create a Schedule C also, you may have competing schedules that need to be consolidated.
While you can reassign the income from an incomplete Schedule C, TaxAct does not currently allow you to delete the incomplete Schedule C. That feature is in development and will be available in future updates.
For now, you can follow these steps to consolidate the income and delete the extra Schedule C:
- On the screen titled Complete your Schedule(s) C, click the drop-down arrow to the left of the incomplete Schedule C and then click Move
- On the screen titled What schedule or form should the income from this Form 1099-MISC be reported on?, select the Schedule C you wish to reassign the income to and click Continue
- Return to the Complete your Schedule(s) C screen and click Start next to the incomplete Schedule C
- Enter any value in the Principal business or profession field and then click the Back button
- You will now see an option to delete the extra Schedule C