To import Forms 1099 from your Fidelity account, locate your Fidelity username and your Fidelity password. If you don't have them, contact Fidelity directly for assistance at 1-800-FIDELITY (800-343-3548).
To import your Fidelity investments into TaxAct:
- Click Federal.
- Click Step-by-Step Guidance in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu
- Check the applicable boxes on the Let's start with your income screen.
- When you indicate you have income reported on any Form 1099, you will be prompted to transfer your 1099 documents from Fidelity into TaxAct.
- From the Automatically transfer your 1099 documents screen, click Electronic Import.
- Choose Fidelity Investments in the dropdown menu on the 1099 Import screen.
- Enter your Fidelity Username and Fidelity Password and then click Continue
- Click the checkbox in front of each transaction you want to import and then click Continue
- On the Investment Income - Stock Assistant screen, click the Stock Assistant button to let TaxAct help you verify your reporting categories
- On the Investment Income - Stock Assistant screen, click Continue