When you sign in to your TaxAct Account online or on your desktop (or while doing other things in TaxAct that need verification), and we send a verification code by text or email, you need to find the verification code in your texts or emails to enter it. It can take over a minute for the code to arrive, but if you can't find the verification code:
- Search your email. Check every folder, including junk, spam, and promotions. Check any conversation threads with TaxAct where the email might have been sent. Check other email inboxes (if you have any) to make sure you look in the inbox of the email you gave to us.
- Search your texts. Check unopened texts, your notifications, and any texts from TaxAct. If you did not enter your area code when you created your account, the code might not make it to you.
- Get another verification code. If you can't find the email or text, go back to the screen titled Check your email or Check your phone, where you were asked to enter the code. On that screen, you can click Resend Code to have another one sent to you, or click Try a text message verification or Try an email verification. If you haven't received the code by text or email, you can try the other one.
- Account recovery. If you don't have access to the email or phone number that you used to create your account, you can recover your account. Go to our Forgot Online Username or Password FAQ, use your username, and follow the steps for Alternative Verification.
- Contact us. If you still can't sign in to your TaxAct Account, go to our Contact TaxAct Service & Support webpage, and get individual help.