We understand that the steps to reset your password can seem tedious. We are continually working to improve that process while ensuring your sensitive information is secure. If you have gone through the password reset process, but didn't receive an email with a temporary code, try working through the process again. On the Sign In page, click Forgot Password. You will be prompted to enter your TaxAct username (not your email address). A temporary code will be sent to the email address associated with that username. If you do not receive a temporary code within a few minutes, make sure to:
- Verify your username by clicking Forgot Username on the Sign In page
- Enter verified username in the Username field and click Send Email
- Click Forgot Password on the Sign In page
- Enter the Username (not email address) in the field displayed and click Send Email
- Check all junk, spam, or other folders. If you use other email addresses, check those inboxes as well.
If you still don't receive an email with the temporary code, please contact our support team via live chat or phone to verify we have the correct email address associated with your account.