Every domestic or foreign Partnership, LLC, or LLP that meets any of the following requirements is required to file New York Form IT-204-LL on or before the 15th day of the third month after the end of the tax year.
The taxpayer is:
- a domestic or foreign LLC (including Limited Liability Investment Company (LLIC), Limited Liability Trust Company (LLTC), or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)) that is required to file a New York State partnership return and that has income, gain, loss, or deduction from New York State sources; OR,
- a regular partnership that is required to file a New York partnership return that has income, gain, loss, or deduction from New York State sources, and had New York source gross income in the preceding tax year of at least $1 million dollars.
The New York Filing Fee Form IT-204-LL can be filed without completing the full New York Partnership return, but must be accompanied by an e-filed Federal return.
To complete the full New York Partnership return:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State, then click New York (or NY). On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click State.
- Click 2022 Partnership, LLC, and LLP Filing Fee in the New York Quick Q&A Topics menu, then continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
- On the screen titled New York Form IT-204-LL - Filing Fee, click Complete Form IT-204-LL.
- On the second screen titled New York Form IT-204-LL - Filing Fee, check Yes, complete Form IT-204-LL for this return, then click Continue.