Every domestic or foreign Partnership, LLC or LLP that meets any of the following requirements is required to file New York Form IT-204-LL on or before the 15th day of the third month after the end of the tax year.
The taxpayer is:
- a domestic or foreign LLC (including limited liability investment company (LLIC), limited liability trust company (LLTC)), or limited liability partnership (LLP) that is required to file a New York State partnership return and that has income, gain, loss, or deduction from New York State sources; OR,
- a regular partnership that is required to file a New York partnership return that has income, gain , loss, or deduction from New York State sources, and had New York source gross income in the preceding tax year of at least $1 million dollars.
The New York Filing Fee Form IT-204-LL can be filed without completing the full New York Partnership return.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select State
- Click New York in the expanded State menu
- From the New York Quick Q&A Topics screen, click 2019 Partnership, LLC, and LLP Filing Fee
- Check the box next to Yes, complete Form IT-204-LL for this return then click Continue
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information