To share software downloads, unlimited or prepaid e-filing, reporting, or services, the Practice Owner has to send an email invitation to another preparer for them to join. The email will include a link for the preparer to create an account or sign into their account, and enter the information provided in the email.
To invite a preparer:
- From within your TaxAct Professional Edition program, click Preparer in the upper menu bar, hover your mouse over Master Information, then click Preparers.
- Look at the Invite Status column:
- Assigned means you sent the invitation and the preparer joined the practice (you don't need to invite them).
- Email Sent means you've invited the preparer and are waiting for that person to join (you already invited them, they need to follow the email invite instructions).
- Not Invited means you haven't sent the invitation (follow steps 3 through 5 to send the invitation).
- Click the Pencil icon next to the preparer name, then click Invite.
- Click Send Email Invitation.
- Fill out the information, then click Send Invite.
Once the invited preparer receives the invitation email:
- From within the TaxAct Professional Account Invitation email, click Create a TaxAct account if you don't have one, or click sign in here if you already have a TaxAct account so that you can link it to the Practice Owner.
- Enter the following information in your TaxAct account:
- Practice ID - provided separately by the Practice Owner
- Your Name
- Email address - the email address at which you received the invitation
- Your EFIN and PTIN (or SSN, if not using PTIN) if available.