In order to share software downloads, unlimited or prepaid e-filing, reporting, or services (such as Client Xchange), the Practice Owner must send each additional preparer an email invitation from the Practice Owner's account (the account under which the program was purchased). The email will include a unique link the preparer must click in order to create or link his or her own TaxAct account to the Practice ID.
Note. Each user must have their own username/password that should not be shared with anyone else.
Note. For security purposes, your Practice ID is not included in the invitation email, so the Practice Owner will need to provide the Practice ID separately to each invited preparer. The Practice ID is located in the upper right corner when logged into your TaxAct account online.
To invite a preparer:
- Click Preparer in the top menu, then Master Information, and then Preparers.
- The list of preparers associated with your practice will display. If you need to include a new preparer, click the Add New Preparer link and then enter the new preparer's info.
- On the Preparers Information screen, use the Invite Status column to direct your next steps:
- A status of Assigned means you sent the invitation and the preparer joined the practice
- A status of Not Invited means you have not yet sent the initial invitation
- A status of Email Sent means you have invited the preparer and are waiting for the preparer to join.
- When the invited preparer receives the invitation email, he or she must:
- Click the Create a TaxAct account link in the email to create a linked TaxAct account or click the sign in here link in the email to link an existing account to the practice. Note. You must click the applicable link from the invitation email or the invited preparer's TaxAct account will not be linked to the practice.
- Enter the following information in the newly-created (or newly-linked) TaxAct account:
- Practice ID
- Preparer Name
- Email address (the address where the preparer received the invitation email)
- EFIN & PTIN (or SSN, if not using a PTIN) if available