The Import Wizard allows you to Import Prior Year Master Information that you saved locally or online.
- The first screen you will see upon logging into your TaxAct Professional software will give you the option to import prior year Master Information, if available. To import prior year’s information, click Import Now.
- To save and move on, click Continue to Preparer Information. Edit, add or remove preparers as needed.
- Once you finish updating preparer information, click Continue to Master Info, and then click Set Up Master Information Now.
This section allows you to select preferences for returns, invoicing, letters, etc. You are able to set your preferences once, instead of having to set preferences for each individual client return. Update master information as needed.
- When you’re ready to move on or save, click Continue to Master Forms.
- You'll see a tile for each Federal Edition (1040, 1041, 1065, etc.) installed. For each edition, you can set up different master forms.
There are three types of master forms:
- Federal Master Charge By Form – Set an amount to charge for each form (Federal and State).
- Master Billing Invoice – Set up one fee for entire Federal or State returns.
- Instruction Letter – Set your preferences for returns and letters.
Want a demonstration? Take a look at our How to Import Last Year’s TaxAct Professional Information & Returns video.