The Import Wizard allows you to Import Prior Year Master Information that you saved locally or online.
- The first screen you will see upon logging into your TaxAct Professional software will give you the option to import prior year Master Information, if available. To import prior year’s information, click “Import Now.”
- To save and move on, click “Continue to Preparer Information.” Edit, add or remove preparers as needed.
- Once you are finished updating preparer information, click “Continue to Master Info,” and on the Next screen click “Set Up Master Information Now.”
This section allows you to select preferences for returns, invoicing, letters, etc. You are able to set your preferences once, instead of having to set preferences for each individual client return. Update master information as needed.
- When you’re ready to move on or save, click “Continue to Master Forms.”
- You will see a tile for each Federal Edition (1040, 1041, 1065, etc.) you have installed. For each edition, you can set up different master forms.
There are three types of master forms:
- Federal Master Charge By Form – If you choose to charge by form, this allows you to set an amount to charge for each form (Federal and State).
- Master Billing Invoice – Use this to set up one fee for entire Federal or State returns.
- Instruction Letter – Set your preferences for returns and letters.