You must check Check if self-employed in the Practice Master Information and check Use Practice Information in the Preparer Master Information for the preparer assigned to the return so "Self-Employed" is checked in the Paid Preparer's Use area on the form. The box cannot be directly checked on the tax form itself. This information is taken from the Preparer Master Information and must be set in both the Practice and Preparer sections.
To make sure the self-employed box is checked:
- Select Preparer > Master Information > Practice.
- In the Practice Master Information tab, check Check if self-employed.
- Click the Preparers tab in the Preparer Master Information window.
- In the Preparer Name is listed on the right, click the pencil icon to the left of the preparer's name entry.
- In the Address section, check Use Practice Information.
- Click OK in the bottom right corner.
- Click Close in the bottom right corner.
- Open the return in reference.
- Scroll to the bottom of the return. Make sure the Check if self-employed check box is now checked on the form.