Wages and salaries paid should be entered on Line 8 within Form 1120-S U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation. Payroll and state taxes paid should be entered on Line 12.
To enter this information in your tax return:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal to expand, then click Deductions. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Review on the "Salaries and wages" row, enter the total Salaries and wages you paid to your employees, then click Continue.
- Click Deductions, then click Review on the "Taxes and licenses" row.
- Click + Add State Taxes and Licenses to create a new state taxes worksheet or click Edit to review a copy already created.
- On the screen titled State Taxes, enter any applicable state tax information, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled Other Taxes Paid, enter any applicable Payroll taxes, then click Continue.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.