To force Schedule I (Form 1041) Alternative Minimum Tax—Estates and Trusts to print with Form 1041 U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Taxes in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Alternative minimum tax.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
- On the screen titled Alternative Minimum Tax - Force Schedule I, check Check here to force the printing and/or e-filing of Schedule I even if it does not apply, then click Continue.
Per IRS Instructions for Form 1041 and Schedules A, B, G, J, and K-1, on page 30:
Line 1c—AMT. Attach Schedule I (Form 1041) if any of the following apply.
- The estate or trust must complete Schedule B.
- The estate or trust claims a credit on line 2b, 2c, or 2d of Schedule G.
- The estate's or trust's share of alternative minimum taxable income (line 27 of Schedule I (Form 1041)) exceeds $25,400.
On page 31:
Enter the amount from line 54 of Schedule I (Form 1041) on line 1c.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.