Use the steps below if you paid mortgage interest and the amounts are NOT reported on Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click the Itemized or Standard Deductions dropdown, then click Interest expenses.
- Continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Did you receive Form 1098 reporting mortgage interest?, click No.
- On the screen titled Did you pay any mortgage interest not reported on Form 1098?, click Yes.
- Continue with the interview process to enter your information.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.