Church Income Schedule SE for Self-Employment Tax

If you have church income (NOT including clergy, minister, or missionary wages), reported on a Form W-2 that are subject to self-employment taxes, but no FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes were withheld, follow these instructions to enter or review the adjustment for Schedule SE:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose Federal.
  2. Click Taxes  in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Self-employment tax adjustments
  3. Click Continue until you reach the screen Self-Employment Tax - Clergy Information
  4. Enter the income in the third section on the screen titled Church employee income (if applicable):

Schedule SE will print with the return and calculate the applicable self-employment tax on the return.