You will need to know your UBS account number and your document ID. Your document ID will be located on your UBS statement or Form 1099-B Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions statement. If you do not know your document ID, you will need to contact your UBS representative to obtain this information.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Investment Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, click Gain or loss on the sale of investments to expand, then click Stock data import.
- On the screen titled Investment Income - Stock Data Import, click Electronic Import.
- Select "UBS" from the 1099 Import drop-down, then click Continue.
- Enter your Account Number and Document ID, then click Continue.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.