On the E-Filing - Print page, you click the Print Selected Items button to get e-filing instructions addressed to you as the preparer.
For the instruction letter addressed to the taxpayer with instructions about the e-filing:
- Click E-File on the tool bar, then click Filing in the Q&A view to go to these e-filing steps.
- Follow the steps through the e-filing for the returns you want (federal and states) until you come to the screen titled E-Filing - Topics.
- For the Print Returns and E-File Documents item, click Start or Review on the right.
- Click the Click here link at the beginning of the paragraph to go to the Print Center.
- In the Print Center box, make sure you have copies selected for the federal instruction letter and the state instruction letter, as needed.