If on the E-Filing - Print page you use the Print Selected Items button you will get e-filing instructions addressed to you, the preparer. For the instruction letter addressed to the taxpayer with instructions about the electronic filing:
- Go to the E-filing steps: E-file button on tool bar or Filing tab in Q&A view.
- Follow the steps through electronic filing for the returns you want (federal and states) till you come to the screen E-Filing - Topics.
- For the item Print Returns and E-File Documents, click the Start or Review link to the right.
- Use the "Click here" link at the beginning of the paragraph to go to the Print Center.
- On the Print Center box make sure you have copies selected for federal instruction letter and state instruction letter as needed.