Permissions are a feature of multi-user networking available in TaxAct Enterprise Editions.
During the initial setup for each preparer, you have the opportunity to assign permissions. Permissions can also be modified any time in Master Information:
- From within your TaxAct Professional Edition program, click Preparer in the upper menu bar, then hover your mouse over Master Information, then click Preparers.
- In the window that appears, click the Pencil Icon next to the Preparer Name you want to edit, then click Permissions.
- When you are done, click Save and Close.
Permissions settings include:
- Checkbox next to User is Practice Administrator.
- Checkbox next to User can access Data Management Tool.
- Dropdown next to View All Clients in Practice: click Only Assigned Clients or Entire Practice.
- Practice and Preparer Information: click Allow or Deny
- Edit Practice Information
- Edit Preparer Information
- Edit Client Status Options
- Modify Directories
- Change General Filing Settings
- Change Miscellaneous Settings
- Change Calculation Settings
- Edit master forms
- Client and Return Information: click Allow or Deny
- Create New Returns
- Open Returns
- Remove Returns
- Import Returns
- Export Client Information
- Print Returns
- E-file/Online Backup Returns
- Edit Client Notes