We have made some changes for tax year 2015 for help protect your TaxAct Account.
Previously, customers who ordered TaxAct's download software were assigned a Customer ID. In tax year 2015, we will ask you to update your account with a new username and password to comply with enhanced industry-wide security requirements.
If you have forgotten your Customer ID or the associated Password, follow the instructions below.
If you do not have a Customer ID, follow these instructions instead.
- Go to the TaxAct Account sign in page and click Forgot Username.
- Enter your TaxAct Account email address in the "Forgot Username" popup window and click the Send Email button.
- You will receive an e-mail from TaxAct [email@example.com] with all Customer IDs and Usernames associated with your e-mail address. Hint: Check your Junk folder if you don’t see the email in your Inbox.
- Go to the TaxAct Account sign in page and enter your username and password.
Forgot Password Associated with Your Customer ID
- Go to the TaxAct Account sign in page and click Forgot Password.
- Verify that the Customer ID is correct, and enter the verification code as it appears on the page. Click the Send Email button.
- You will receive an email from TaxAct Customer Support [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a link that you must click on to reset your password.
- Check your Junk folder if you don’t see the email in your Inbox.
- If the link does not work by clicking on it, you may need to copy the entire web address and paste into your browser's address bar.
- The link may expire. If you need a new link, simply repeat Steps 1, 2 and 3 above.
- Clicking on the link in the email will bring you to a "Reset Your Password" page. Enter your new password twice and click Reset Password.
- If your password is accepted, you will see a confirmation message. Click the My Account Sign-In link and enter your Username (or Customer ID) and new Password. If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to update your account.