When you sign in to your TaxAct Account online or on your desktop (or while doing other things in TaxAct that need verification), and we send a verification code to your phone number or email, you need to enter the verification code. If you don't have access to your email account, or if you don't receive a code, here are some troubleshooting options:
- Find the verification code in your text messages. Check your text messages for any conversations with unread messages. Also, if your phone has a spam text folder, check there for your verification code.
- Find the verification code in your email. Check every folder, including junk, spam, and promotions. Check any conversation threads with TaxAct where the email might have been sent. Check other email inboxes (if you have any) to make sure you look in the inbox of the email you gave to us.
- Get another verification code. . If you can't find the text message or email, go back to the screen titled Check your mobile or Check your email, where you were asked to enter the code. On that screen, you can click Resend Code to have another one sent to you.
- Account recovery. If you don't have access to the email or phone number that you used to create your account, you can recover your account.
- Contact us. If you still can't sign in to your TaxAct Account, go to our Contact TaxAct Service & Support webpage, and get individual help.
Once you are signed in to your TaxAct Account, go to our Update Email Address or Mobile Phone Number FAQ, and change your email and phone number in your account so that we have your most recent contact information, and so this will not happen again.