The error message "Signature of [program name].exe is corrupt or invalid" indicates that the file was not completely downloaded. We've heard of customers having this issue when the program Windows Smartscreen interferes with the download.
You can correct this issue by trying some of the following:
- Change the download location to the default Windows "Downloads" folder.
- Try downloading the program using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
- If you have the SmartScreen filter, click View Downloads, right-click the taXX.exe (where XX is the last two digits of the year) file, then click "Run anyway."
You can also disable SmartScreen:
- Go to Internet Options in Internet Explorer (Tools menu or gear icon) or Control Panel. You can type "Internet Options" in Windows search on the Start menu.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the settings area, scroll to the bottom where the Security section is.
- UNcheck the box for Enable SmartScreen Filter.