Search Help Topics:


If you are filing Form M1PR for the Renter's Property Tax Refund, you must attach the Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) provided by your landlord. Your landlord is required to provide you a CRP by January 31, 2020. If your landlord does not provide a CRP by March 1, 2020, call the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094.

To fill out the Certificate of Rent Paid information in the TaxAct program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State.
  2. Click Minnesota in the expanded State menu. 
  3. Click Property Tax Refund to expand the category and then click Certificate of rent paid
  4. Click +Add M1PR CRP to create a new copy of the form or Review to review a form already created
  5. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information

If you are filing electronically, the CRP information you filled out in the steps above will be submitted with the e-filed return. Keep the CRP you received from your landlord with your tax records.

If you are mailing a paper return, you will need to attach a copy of the CRP along with your Form M1PR.

Note. The property tax return is mailed to a separate address from your MN income tax return.

Was this helpful to you?