If you have downloaded the TaxAct installation file and it will not run and provides no error messages, there may be a few factors contributing to this behavior.
- Incomplete Download File - The installation file may not be completely downloaded.
- In your browser, press Ctrl+J to open your Downloads folder. Ensure that the file name has no additional text, such as "_part."
- Try choosing to Run when downloading rather than Save. You may need to change a browser setting so the browser does not automatically save.
- Try downloading with a different browser.
- Windows Security or Anti-Malware Software - Windows or anti-virus programs can block the installation from running.
- Try right-clicking on the installation program and choosing "Run as administrator."
- Right-click on the installation file and choose Properties. Look for a button to Unblock or Allow or similar.
- Consult the documentation for Windows and/or your security software to allow TaxAct to install.