Search Help Topics:


Partnerships (Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income) are able to e-file their business tax return with nonresident partners or shareholders who do not have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security Number (SSN).


To indicate a partner (individuals only) does not have an ITIN or SSN:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click K-1 Wizard. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click K-1 Wizard.
  2. On the screen titled Partner Summary, click Edit for the nonresident partner from the list of partners, then click Step-by-Step Guidance.
  3. On the screen titled Partner - Type of Partner, select an item from the Partner type drop-down, then click Continue.
  4. On the screen titled Partner - Identification Number, select from the Reason for missing number drop-down, then click Continue.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?