Search Help Topics:


If a return was e-filed using your personal information and you did not file that return, we recommend you immediately contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (or through the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 1-800-908-4490). You will need to paper-file your return with an explanation of the situation and documentation verifying the Social Security Number (SSN).

Was this helpful to you?