E-Filing Error Screen - SSN Already Used

If a return was electronically filed using your personal information and you did not file that return, we recommend you immediately contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (or through the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 1-800-908-4490). You will need to paper file your return with an explanation of the situation and documentation verifying the social security number.