Individual preparer information can be added and/or modified through the Preparer Master Information dialog box:
- Click Preparer > Edit My Preparer Information to access the Preparer master information tab directly; OR do the following:
a. Click Preparer in the top menu (while viewing the Client Manager - not from within an individual return).
b. Click Master Information, then click Preparers.
c. Click the Preparers tab, then do any of the following:
Click Add New Preparer or the pencil icon to bring up the Preparer Information dialog box where there are two tabs available - Preparer Info and Electronic Filing Info:
- Click Add New Preparer to add a new preparer.
- Select a preparer from the list, then click the pencil icon to modify a preparer.
- Select a preparer from the list, then click Inactive to remove a preparer.
- Under the Preparer Info tab, you will find:
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Preparer's Tax Identification Number (PTIN)
- Preparer NY Exclusion Code (NY 1040 and 1065 returns only)(Exclusion from NY ID Number)
- Preparer State ID Number (LA, NM, NY or OR returns only)
- CAF Number (Power of Attorney)
- MN Preparer Type
- IRS may discuss client returns with this preparer checkbox (for Third Party Designee indication)
- A Checkbox to use Practice Information
- A field to enter Practice Name (if self-employed)
- Preparer's Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Checkbox to indicate Foreign Address of preparer
- Work Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Email Address
- Under the Electronic Filing Info tab, you will find:
- Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN)
- PIN Type (Self-Select or Practitioner)
- Practitioner PIN for Electronic Signature
- Bank Product Selection ("None" is default)
- Republic Bank Identification Number (RBIN)
- Credit Card Information - Billing Address