Search Help Topics:


To enter or review information on Form 1042-S Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding (only for those filing Form 1040-NR):

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
  2. Click Form 1042-S, then click + Add Form 1042-S to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to edit a form already created (desktop program: click Review instead of Edit).
  3. Complete the form to enter all of the appropriate information, then click Save & Close.

Note. Any income entered on Form 1042-S will not transfer anywhere else in the program. It must be manually entered on the applicable form(s) or schedule(s) to be properly reported on your return.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?