The Employer Identification Number (box b of each of your Forms W-2) entered in the program determines whether the W-2 is available for importing into the program. If the EIN entered is eligible, you will be prompted with the import option as explained in the steps below.
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Wages and Salaries in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Wage income reported on Form W-2
- Click New Copy of Form W-2 (Desktop users click Add), select the owner of this W-2, enter the Employer's ID number as shown on the W-2 and click Continue
- If the W-2 is eligible for importing, you will see a screen titled Import W-2 - Authentication Credentials where you can enter the information needed and click Import W-2 (if you decide you do not wish to import the W-2 you can click Choose Different Method and enter the information manually)
- If you click Import W-2, upon successful import a confirmation screen will appear with the imported data for your review