To import your Form8949 account information into TaxAct®:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click the Investment Income dropdown, click the 1099 import from institution.
- Click Form8949.com from the list of financial institutions.
- Continue with the on-screen steps to complete your import.
For other import options, go to our Forms 8949 and 1099-B - Entering Stock Transactions in Program FAQ:
- Enter each Form 1099-B in your return (individual manual entering)
- CSV Import (brokerage csv or your own csv)
- Stock Assistant for entering transactions
- Form 8949 attachment option (if you have more than 2,000 transactions)
Note. The cost of Form8949.com services is not included in your TaxAct program fees.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.