Search Help Topics:

You will need to know your ShareBuilder account number and your document ID. Your document ID will be located on your ShareBuilder statement or Form 1099-B statement. If you do not know your document ID, you will need to contact your ShareBuilder representative to obtain this information.

To import your ShareBuilder account information into TaxACT, follow the steps below.

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal Q&A tab
  2. Click Investment Income to expand the section, then click Gain or loss on the sale of investments
  3. Click Stock Data Import
  4. Click Electronic Import
  5. Select ShareBuilder from the Brokerage or software vendor drop-down menu
  6. Enter your account number and document ID, then click Continue

Was this helpful to you?