New York Form IT-280 Nonobligated Spouse Allocation is filed if you do not want to apply your part of a joint refund or refundable credit to a debt solely-owned by your spouse.
You should file Form IT-280 if you want to disclaim your spouse's:
- defaulted governmental education
- state university or city university loan
- past-due support liability, or
- past-due legally enforceable debt to a NYS agency or NYC tax warrant judgement debt
To enter information for this form:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click State.
- Click on New York under the expanded State menu.
- Click Miscellaneous Topics, then select Form IT-280 - Nonobligated Spouse Allocation