Online backup is a manual process unless you use the Professional Enterprise Edition online option. You must perform the operation in your program each time you choose to back up your client returns online:
- From within your TaxAct Professional Edition program, click File in the upper menu bar, hover your mouse over Backup, then click Client Return(s).
- Click the Circle next to Online, then click Next.
- Type in your TaxAct username and password, then click Next.
- Click the Checkbox next to the returns you want to back up, or click Select All to select all returns.
- Click the Checkbox next to Backup Preparer Master Information if you want to select it too, then click Finish, then click Ok.
The Online Backup feature is not available when using the Enterprise online ("cloud") option because your returns are saved automatically and directly to the TaxAct secure servers.