To access your GainsKeeper transactions from the GainsKeeper retail product, you will use your GainsKeeper.com Login ID and Password (case sensitive). This information will then be verified by the GainsKeeper servers and the transactions associated with your account will be imported.
To import your GainsKeeper account information into TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Investment Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, click Gain or loss on the sale of investments to expand, then click Stock data import.
- Click Electronic Import, select "GainsKeeper" from the 1099 Import drop-down, then click Continue.
- Enter your login information, then click Continue.
GainsKeeper also partners with OptionsXpress.
To import your OptionsXpress transaction through the GainsKeeper function in TaxAct, you will need to have a GainsKeeper account associated with your OptionsXpress account.
On the GainsKeeper login screen you will enter your account information as follows:
- For the GainsKeeper.com Login ID, you will enter your OptionsXpress user ID followed by "@OX" (without the quotes). Example: test123@OX.
- For the GainsKeeper.com Password, you will enter your OptionsXpress password.