Self Employment - Foreign Earnings

If you were a self-employed individual working abroad, you would still report your self-employment earnings and expenses on Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business.

To access Schedule C in the TaxAct program, go to our Schedule C - Entering Sole Proprietorship in Program FAQ.

If you need to remove the self-employment tax due to a Social Security agreement with the country in which you worked, go to our Schedule SE - Expatriate Social Security Agreement FAQ.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.