Search Help Topics:


If you were a self-employed individual working abroad, you would still report your self-employment earnings and expenses on Schedule C.

  1. From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship
  3. Click New Copy of Federal Schedule C (Desktop users click Add) to create a new copy of the form or Review to review a form already created
  4. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information

Additional Information

If you need to remove the self-employment tax due to a Social Security agreement with the country in which you worked, please see Schedule SE - Social Security Agreements with Other Countries for additional information.

Was this helpful to you?