IRS Form 8829 Expenses for Business Use of Home is used to figure the allowable expenses for business use of your home on Schedule C. Do not use Form 8829 if you are claiming expenses as an employee or partner, or if you are claiming expenses on Schedule F. See the IRS Instructions for Form 8829 for more information.
Form 8829 is entered in the business income section of the TaxAct® program. To enter Form 8829 in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Business Income to expand the section, then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship
- Click +Add Federal Schedule C to enter a new copy of Schedule C, or click Review to review a schedule already created
- Continue to the screen titled Business Income - Home Business Use and click Yes (to reach this screen more quickly, click No or Continue on each of the screens that appear before this)
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or edit information for Form 8829