Mandatory State Disability Insurance (SDI) contributions are mandatory contributions you made to:
- the Rhode Island Temporary Disability Benefit Fund,
- the Washington State Supplemental Workmen's Compensation Fund, or
- the California Nonoccupational Disability Benefit Fund (CA residents: This amount may be reported to you in Box 14 or Box 19 of your W-2 as "SDI" or "CASDI.")
- the New Jersey Nonoccupational Disability Benefit Fund (NJ residents: This amount should be reported to you in Box 14 as "NJ DI.")
- the New York Nonoccupational Disability Benefit Fund.
Mandatory State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) contributions are mandatory contributions to the Alaska, California, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania state unemployment fund.
- NJ residents: This amount should be reported to you in Box 14 as "NJ UI/WF/SWF."
If you need help reporting box 14, go to our Form W-2 - Entering in the TaxAct Program FAQ.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.