Mandatory state disability insurance (SDI) contributions are mandatory contributions you made to:
- the Rhode Island Temporary Disability Benefit Fund,
- the Washington State Supplemental Workmen's Compensation Fund or
- the California, New Jersey, or New York Nonoccupational Disability Benefit Fund.
- CA residents: This amount may be reported to you in Box 14 or Box 19 of your W-2 as SDI or CASDI.
- NJ residents: This amount should be reported to you in Box 14 as NJ DI.
Mandatory state unemployment insurance (SUI) contributions are mandatory contributions to the Alaska, California, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania state unemployment fund.
- NJ residents: This amount should be reported to you in Box 14 as NJ UI/WF/SWF.
To enter any of these amounts in TaxAct®:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Wages and Salaries to expand the section, then click Wage income reported on Form W-2
- Click New Copy of Form W-2 (Desktop users click Add) to create a new form or Review to review information you have already entered
- If you choose to use Step-by-Step Guidance, continue to the screen titled Wages - W-2 - Other Information and enter the amount (be sure to enter the correct state information on the previous screen). If you choose to use Quick Entry, SDI and SUI information is entered below the form in the section titled Disability and Unemployment Insurance.