To add or remove a state return for which the program has been installed:
- In your TaxAct Professional Edition open the client return.
- Click Return located on the main menu bar at the top of the program window.
- Click State.
- Then click Add/Remove State.
- To add a state, place a check-mark in the box for the state you wish to add.
- To delete the state return(s), simply uncheck the state(s) you wish to remove.
- Click OK.
States can automatically attach to returns when importing. To turn this feature on or off:
- Click Preparer in the top program menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the Miscellaneous tab.
- To turn the feature on - add a check-mark next to "Automatically attach selected states with new or imported returns."
To turn the feature off - remove the check-mark next to "Automatically attach selected states with new or imported returns."
- Click Save and Exit.