If you are attempting to mail a paper return and the instruction letter is indicating the return will be electronically filed, you can change this information:
- Double-click on the client in the Client Manager list to open the return.
- Click on Preparer in the top menu list.
- Click on Instruction Letter.
- Click on Edit Client Copy.
- Click on Federal.
- In the Federal Client Instruction Letter, the 4th bullet down, make sure the box is checked for "If a paper return will be filed do not enter efile date (above) to indicate paper filing."
You can now print the instruction letter with the details to mail a paper return.